10/14/2010

I walk alone Part I

I walk alone. I walk alone through this interminable road where I can see many children singing over the hills that surrounds the path. I don´t get the meanings of their lyrics, but I don´t mind, I just keep my way on and continue walking forward. However, I need to confess that I wanted to stop and approach them, but I decided not to do it. I don´t know why I didn´t stop. The thing is that I continued walking through that interminable road. It seems like it doesn´t have an exit. The darkness is in front of me. I couldn´t see anything. Though, I didn´t wanted to stop. In that moment I realized that I have covered almost 800 meters of the path and I still could hear the children singing, with the same volume as I heard the first time, but now I have moved further away! I can´t understand this strange situation, yet I kept walking. Suddenly, I turned my head to the left and I saw a very strange animal that got me frightened. I called for someone who could help me, but nobody was there, just me and the young singers (I assume we were the only alive in that moment). I stop for a moment and started to look the animal, it also looked at me. I thought that it wanted to devour me, its kind-of-barking-sound frightened me more and more. After 24 seconds I turned my head back and continued walking. Fortunately, the animal didn´t come to me, but when I looked back, it was still keeping its eyes on me. So, I prefered to walk a little bit faster and certainly, I tried not to see the creature. After covered 200 meters more, I had my look back to the animal, but I couldn´t see it. I felt relieved. Thus, I continued my way on. The darkness was, as time went by, more black and seemed to cover all the road soon...

No hay comentarios: